My treatment philosophy is one of minimal intervention and I utilise fluid abrasion and orthodontic treatment where indicated. The initial one hour consultation for a referred patient will cost £125 and includes:
- History taking
- Assessing what the patient would actually like to achieve
- Full dental charting of hard and soft tissues
- Initial occlusal examination
- Assessment of the TMJs (jaw joint examinations)
- Clinical dental photographs
- Periodontal examination
- Tooth-wear and recession examination
- Digital radiographs where required
- Explanation of findings to the patient
An initial TMJ consultation is priced at £160.
If the patient wishes to proceed further I will then produce a written estimate of treatment options and costs. More complex cases may require a second appointment to present treatment options to the patient and this may require diagnostic wax ups and articulated models. I would provide each patient with an estimate for this extra work.
Patients would return to their referring dentist once treatment is complete. I would however be delighted to follow up patients over time where appropriate, e.g. to review occlusal function or splint management. For dental emergencies relating to a referred patient's treatment that I am undertaking, I (or a colleague at the practice) will endeavour to provide emergency dental treatment.